Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Florida Road Trip Day 11 - Sarasota: A MUCH Needed Day of Rest

Mr. Rogue has spent the past few days on a little vacation of his own. He flew to State College and met up with his old college buddies to do an adventure, rough camping, kayak trip down the river. Just like old times, except now everyone is older, is married and has kids. I was a little freaked out because in the outback my husband didn’t have any cell service. It was a little disconcerting to not hear from him for 3 days. But he had a fantastic time out in nature with his friends. Cooking over the fire, paddling downriver, sleeping in his new tent hammock, and listening to the sound of the rain. He is such a hard working man and rarely takes any time off for himself. So I am super glad he got to go.





Ms. Ivey had to go to work today, and so My Little Cricket and I chilled at her house getting ready for daddy to arrive later tonight. I did laundry, I washed the dishes and I took a nap with my kid. We watched the cars outside the window, we played with Tupperware and I organized all our stuff so we were ready to leave. But most importantly I sat down with my moms list of ‘things to do in Florida’ and I sketched out a very loose general idea of where we were going, what we would do, and how long it would take to get from place to place. And I made reservations at a hotel for at least tonight. It was a start at least.






Ms. Ivey came home and snuggled up on the baby. I am always so happy to see her but the time we have together is never long enough. At least now though when she talks about her new place, and her new job I have a context for what she is talking about. And with my parents staying nearby in Florida for a while I am sure to see her soon again.


So this evening Mr. Rogue flew from State College to Sarasota. He rented the car and drove the hour and a half to pick my Little Cricket and I up for our family vacation, a road trip across the southern part of Florida. Sadly he hit a HUGE Florida storm. It was cool when he showed me the photos, the sky was so blue on one side and so dark and ominous on the other. But the weather was not so cool to be driving in a new city, looking for a house located on a pretty busy street. In the end he called me frustrated that he still couldn’t see the house, we flashed the porch light and he found us! YAY daddy is here!



Mr. Rogue arrived at 8. By the time we got the car packed up, filled the tank with gas and got ourselves something to eat for dinner it was 9, and we still had a 2 hour drive to our first stop, Sanibel Island. My Little Cricket slept the whole way, and we all crashed into bed tired from a long day. Phase three of our trip had now begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment